Valorization : Research & Innovations
Continuous exploration of the largest unknown territory on our planet holds the promise of discoveries in many fields.
INNOVATIONS • HEALTH
• Biotechnology research (sampling of marine microorganisms on which a genome sequencing will be carried out, active molecule research) applied to the field of medicine.
• Research in telemedicine and telesurgery in an isolated complex environment.
• Study of the psychological and physiological behaviour of aquanauts in a confined complex environment.
INNOVATIONS • INDUSTRY
• Use of innovative technologies in renewable energy (wind turbines, hydrokinetic turbines and wave energy converters, ocean thermal energy, algae biofuel, marine biomass, solar energy, energy storage in the sea, waste recycling and recovery)…
• Experimentation with pilot systems and demonstrators of innovative technologies (navigation, communications, complex equipment and analysis systems, new materials and their resistance to marine conditions, robotics, etc.)…
• Topography and mapping of seabed relief and its subsoil.
• Sampling on the seabed to detect mineral deposits.
INNOVATIONS • FOOD
• Studies of fish concentration and aggregation techniques around new devices for concentrating fish in open water aimed at developing responsible oceanic aquaculture.
• Research on marine micro-organisms for the production of new proteins.
• Tests of natural surface water fertilisation systems by micro upwelling.
RESEARCH • OCEAN / ATMOSPHERE RELATIONSHIPS
• Monitoring the physical and chemical parameters of bodies of water, with a special focus on acidification and the resulting effect on organisms.
• Co2 measurements at the ocean-atmosphere interface to give a clearer picture of the mechanisms by which the ocean absorbs Co2.
• Measurements of ocean currents in correlation with biological and climatic parameters.
• Calibration of oceanographic parameters measured by oceanographic satellites.
• Meteorological readings in the open ocean and calibration with satellite data and forecasting models.
RESEARCH • MARINE BIODIVERSITY
• Plankton sampling and analysis.
• Electronic tagging of migratory animals (jellyfish, turtles, fish, whales).
• Observation of deep-sea ecosystems.
• Experiments with artificial habitats and reefs.
• Bio-acoustic studies.
RESEARCH • MARINE POLLUTION
• Monitoring chemical pollutants (heavy metals, organochlorinated compounds, petroleum products, diffuse molecular plastic…).
• Quantitative measurements of pollution by macro-waste on the surface and at depth .
• Qualitative measurements of oceanographic noise pollution.